In many areas of life, mistakes are simply an opportunity to learn and make better decisions down the road. Mistakes in real estate investment are a little different. Yes, you can still learn a lesson from buying the wrong property, but it will likely come at a significant cost.
Fortunately, there’s an abundance of information available to all aspiring real estate investors that can help to lower your risk of choosing a property that ends up being more trouble than it’s worth. If you’re planning to purchase a residential or vacation rental property, read through the following resources.
Buying a Property
- How to Get Your Finances in Order Before Buying an Investment Property
- Dreaming of a US Vacation Home? Here are the 10 Best Places to Invest
How Much Should You Offer for That Property?
Managing a Property
- 15 Things Scott McGillivray Insists Every Landlord Should Have in Their “Toolbox”
- How Much Should I Charge for Rent: A Guide to Rental Rates
8 Deductible Vacation Rental Property Expenses
- Short-Term Rental Regulations: Laws, Licenses & Taxes
- Real Estate Tax and Rental Property
- Run Background Checks on Your Tenants
- Establish Your Responsibilities as a Landlord
- Create an LLC to Benefit Your Rental Business
Getting Help from the Pros
- When Should a Landlord Hire a Property Management Company?
What is Vacation Rental Management?
- Vacation Rental Cleaning: Ins and Outs to Know About
- 5 Contractors a Landlord Can’t (and Shouldn’t) Live Without
Arming yourself with real estate investment knowledge can help save you from making a lot of major mistakes. These resources offer tons of valuable information in terms of buying and managing your first rental property, but don’t stop here. Continue researching, and find a mentor that can walk you through the process and help you make good decisions along the way.
For more advice and insight on how to be successful with your real estate investments, be sure to bookmark LeighSELLS.com or contact Leigh Brown at 704.507.5500 or email Hello@LeighSELLS.com for more information about how her expertise can help you.
At One Community Real Estate®, we are the REALTORS® you want on your side. Our team is honest and trustworthy, after all, you will be trusting them with helping you make one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. We are your strategic partners.
~ Leigh Brown and Team
We are grateful for our Community!
One Community Real Estate®